Saturday, November 22, 2008

Preparing for Advent

Advent is quickly approaching! If you're like me, you're not nearly as prepared as you'd like to be. I feel as though I'm still learning "how to prepare" for things. :)

What I need to do today:

-Make a list of all things needed for Thanksgiving and Advent. Since we'll be going out of town Wed. thru Sat. I need to be prepared!

-Buy Advent candles and pull out our Advent wreath.

-I had hoped to buy a ready made Jesse Tree but it didn't work out that way. So.. I guess we'll try our hand at making one using Domestic-Church's as a guide.

Looks like I'll spend a pretty good bit of time in the craft dept. Need: construction paper, twine, googly eyes, wooden dowels, wooden discs,etc..

I'm hoping my copy of Christmas Mosaic, An Illustrated Book Study for Advent and Christmas comes in before we leave. It'd be great to have it to read on the trip!

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus