Monday, December 1, 2008

My Daybook Entry



FOR TODAY
Monday December 1, 2008...


Outside My Window...
Cold and cloudy. A thick blanket of leaves cover the deck and the ground

I am thankful for...
The gift of shelter that is warm and snug and a loving family to share it with.

From the learning rooms...
Looking forward to starting our Christmas Mosaic, An Illustrated Book Study for Advent and Christmas
The girls will keep up their Saxon Math this week.

From the kitchen...
Need to put away lots of things that seem to find their home on the breakfast bar :)
Later today we'll make more pies to take and share with my parents tomorrow for our Thanksgiving feast with them.

I am creating...
My December section in "my" notebook.

I am will be reading...
Lots of Advent and Christmas books listed in The Christmas Mosaic book.


I am hearing...The Rescue Heroes movie.


Around the house...Advent wreath, Jesse Tree, lots of cleaning to do.


One of my favorite things
...A comfy bed to crawl in after a day filled with God's work


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
My honey's on vacation this week. Yeah!! I'll also celebrate a birthday and we hope to have some good friends over on Friday to "jam" with us. Lots of musicians around here. We also need to have a family photo taken.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

3 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

Your Jesse Tree looks wonderful Lori!!

I hope that you and your family are having a blessed Advent!

Sarahfanatic said...

What a great idea for a simple to make Jessie tree! I will have to try that with my children. I am always making things "way too complicated". Yours is beautiful, and looks like some of the felt banners seen in Church.

Blessings,

Krystyna

Lori said...

Thanks Ladies. I am so glad we decided to incorporate the Jesse Tree into our Advent preparations this year. The kids are taking turns coloring the symbols and placing them on the tree. It has been an enriching experience! God Bless

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus