Saturday, March 14, 2009

It Has Begun...

The weather has been so nice lately that we were able to start cleaning up in the backyard. Tuesday after an early supper dad picked up a rake and started to tackle all of the leaves. It didn't take long for Snuggle Bug to run into the kitchen and tell me that she had discovered a snowdrop in the forgotten flower bed in the back. Each spring we have beautiful daffodils there. I can't remember the last time I cleared the bed, if ever. Anyway, we were amazed to see some small Candlemas Bells standing amidst the leaves.

She was so excited to find these especially since she had just done a notebook page on them.

Well, one thing led to another and before we knew it we had broke ground on the Mary Garden we'd been talking about starting. The more we worked the more we saw God's hand in this.
I had never noticed all the thorns that grew here. As I cut them down we talked of our Lord and His crown of thorns.

I also came across this crown of thorns someone had made.


By nightfall we went from this



to thisNot bad for a couple hours work, huh?

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus