Monday, May 18, 2009

A Blessed Woman's Daybook May 18, 2009



Pondering in my thoughts.....
Yesterday we celebrated the Graduation Mass for the 2009 class. It was the 12th graduating class of Our Lady of Good Counsel Home School group. Three of the thirteen students had been home schooled with the group since it's origin. I just LOVE the fact that our graduation ceremony immediately follows the Holy Mass. I can't think of a better way for our graduates to start this new chapter in their lives! We were immensely blessed to be able to serve our Lord by providing the music for Mass this year. My Honey and the House Cat did an awesome job playing guitar and singing. Snuggle Bug, Buck, Honeybee and myself also were part of the family choir :) I'm sure it brought great joy to our Lord for Him to hear Honeybee singing to the top of her lungs at times :) We are so blessed to be a part of this home school group and also very thankful to our administrator and her husband for all of their hard work. We will be praying for these graduates and their families. May they always turn to God for guidance so to live the life He has planned for them!


Outside my window....
It is much cooler this morning following the rain yesterday. The suet feeder is empty... Things are pretty quiet. I'd love to be out doors working on making a garden. I guess it will have to wait though since I've been overdoing it a bit and really must rest this week.


To live the liturgy.....
This Thursday we celebrate Our Lord's Ascension into heaven. I've fallen so far behind on The Garden of the Good Shepherd book. Thankfully it is reusable :)



In My Reading Basket....
Sharon Lovejoy's books on gardening with children. I came across these books on Wildflower and Marbles. I plan on buying them as soon as I can. They are WONDERFUL!






To Be Fit and Healthy...
I pulled out my old copy of Fertility Cycles and Nutrition, by Marilyn Shannon. I'm taking lots of notes and hoping to implement healthier eating habits in our home. It's not easy, as you well know. First step - no junk in the house! Second step - start walking as soon as my body permits.

My picture thoughts....



You've got mail





Anniversary Roses from My Sweetheart


Buck's ready for action.

Hope you all have a very blessed week. Visit more daybook entries at The Simple Woman's Daybook.





No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus