Friday, August 7, 2009

7 Quick Takes on a Blessed Friday


I have definitely been busy with my blessings lately. We are preparing to start school next week. I feel like I've been preparing for months :) Anyway, here are some things that have been going on around here. Hope your week has been busy with your blessings too!

  1. Joined some other homeschoolers for bowling on Monday. Only had to pay for the shoe rental $2 per child! Had a great time! Looking forward to next Monday.
  2. Finished ordering our school books for the year. At least for now :) Can't wait for the new ones to come in. (Angel Food for Boys and Girls, CHC: A Year With God, Our birds and their nestlings to name a few.) These will all be part of our morning basket. Thanks Jennifer for such a beautiful idea!
  3. Took Snuggle Bug and Buck to meet my parents at the tack shop on Wednesday. They bought a saddle and all of the fixins for Buddy. He's been at the trainer for a few weeks now. We are planning on going out for a visit/ride on Saturday. The kids are super excited about this!
  4. Wednesday morning began with Children's Adoration and Benediction at our parish. It was so good to be there. Father Booth did such a nice job talking to the children. He encouraged them to talk to Jesus just as they talk to us (mom and dad). When this was over we walked across the street to the library. We were blessed to spend the day with special friends. I even got to love on my God daughter while she napped :)
  5. Got my hair trimmed with my mom.
  6. Had a wonderful book group meeting last night. We were finally all able to get together and discuss the first section of Graced and Gifted by Kimberley Hahn. On page 29 she states, "The Proverbs 31 woman ...works with willing hands. Another translation - makes cloth with skillful hands." She asks if there are skills we can acquire from others to help us cloth our family. Come to find out, we have several seamstresses in our group! I'm really hoping to learn to sew skirts with my girls. We all feel so much more feminine dressed in skirts!
  7. Today I'm finishin' up our school supply shopping list. We are having a tax free shopping weekend so we are hittin the stores! Have a blessed weekend!

Visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus