Had I not been Blessed with so much rest lately, I'm sure this day would have slipped by without notice. I've been labeling all of my old posts and was surprised to notice yesterday that I began blogging a year ago today! It's been nice to have the time to travel back through our last year together. I think back to a year ago and remember saying yes to another of God's callings. He has called me to do so many things I'd never dreamed of doing. I always feel inadequate but, know through Him I can answer His call. As always, I've been tremendously blessed in doing so.
So, I thought I'd share 7 ways my life has been wonderfully blessed this first year of blogging.
- First of all, I must thank my dear friend Mary for telling me about Catholic Cuisine. This was my introduction into the world of blogging. Catholic Cuisine is a wonderful site to visit for recipes to use in celebrating the liturgical year.
- I wondered who it was that came up with this site and was blessed to click over to Jessica at Shower of Roses. Boy did she open up a new world to me! She is full of inspiration and to think she's way across the country.
- I also discovered another beautiful blog thanks to Catholic Cuisine. Wildflowers and Marbles is also a treasured site and she's actually here in Alabama! So many of Jennifer's post have been extremely helpful. Her morning basket, A Mother's Rule of Love seeking Harmony, and Pretty Notebook posts are few of my favorites.
- I've read Real Learning by Elizabeth Foss several times and been blessed by it. Her blog In the Heart of My Home is another of my favorites. Serendipity, home of the Alphabet Path and much more, is also incredible!
- I'm always on the look out for better ways to be organized. Dawn, By Sun and Candlelight, had a wonderful post on her file crate system and weekly folders. These are helping me to stay on track.
- Participating in The Simple Woman's Day book helps me to appreciate all of the beautiful people and things around me that are so easily taken for granted. I'm so blessed by reading other day books. They are full of inspiration and comfort.
- Last but not least, I'm so blessed to hear that so many people read and find my blog helpful. I give all of the glory to God. This is His doing and I pray that you may be blessed by it. Let me say, we are by far NOT a perfect family. We have our trials and imperfections like everyone else. I just choose not to share them here. I feel as though God wants me to share the "blessings" here. Please pray for us. God Bless You