Monday, February 22, 2010

A Blessed Woman's Daybook

Outside my window ~ I'm hearing lots of birds chatting away.  Snuggle Bug and I are using one of her new birthday books to try to identify them.



Around the house ~ I've been up and busy since before six this morning.  The laundry is going, I've got a lot in my "to do" pile.  It would be so easy to get overwhelmed.  Through the grace of God, I'll be at peace with whatever happens today.  He knows best.  May I be the pencil in His hand!



I'm wearing ~ A long sleeved Alabama t-shirt, my brown scapular, black Danskin pull on pants, Asics (my work shoes), my hair in a clip , and of course my reading glasses.

To be fit and healthy ~ Two months down with Weight Watchers - a lifetime to go!  We are really enjoying our "life style" change.  I realy like going to the meetings.  They keep me motivated and I pick up lots of ideas there!  So far I've lost 7 pounds.  Even better than that - I wore a belted skirt to Mass yesterday!  I can't remember the last time I tucked in a shirt and wore a belt! 

Recipe of the week ~
Chili (2 WW points /cup) and yummy!
  • 1/2 pound lean ground chuck (85-15), 1 onion, 1 green bellpepper, salt, pepper
  • 4 cans Mexican Stewed Tomatoes (chopped up as you like them)
  • 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
  • 3 Tlb. chili powder
  • 1 & 1/2 Tlb. cumin
Start by browning the meat with the onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper.  Drain fat.  Add canned tomatoes with liquid, beans, and seasoning.  Let simmer at least 2 hours or transfer to a crock pot for the day. 

I'm thinking of ~ Lots of days spent busy with blessings.  Especially the date I had with my honey last night!

I'm praying for ~ friends who have babies on the way and those who have new little saints in heaven.  For Donna's nephew Noah and his family.

One of my favorite things ~ morning hugs from sleepy little ones.

We're listening to ~ Pursue Me, Danielle Rose's last CD.  A birthday gift from the House Cat to her sister. All of the proceeds of this album go to support vocations.  So go buy one - you won't be sorry!

I'm creating ~ Lots of Liturgical Year Notebooks.

I'm enjoying ~ more evening family prayer time.  Including the Jesus Tree Reading, the symbol being placed on the tree and a decade of the Roasry by candlelight.

I'm looking forward to ~ Mass with the Bishop on Sunday.  He's offering a Mass for our homeschool group.  We are blessed to be able to help with the Mass music.

I'm hoping ~ we get go to the Natural History Museum this week with good friends.

My picture thought ~ As still as a statue


Visit Peggy for more daybook inspiration.

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus