Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Painting of St. Lawrence

The kids and I just finished watching Mass on EWTN.  This has become our new morning prayer time.  I did LOVE going to daily Mass but, it was just wearing me out.  I guess I'm just not made to get up, get everyone dressed, and leave the house every morning.  We do miss receiving Jesus in Holy Communion.  However, we are extremely  blessed through the Liturgy
of the Word and the priest's homilies, which are always incredible!  Today there was a visiting priest who spoke about St. Lawrence, the saint of the day.  His homily was very interesting!  If you can catch a replay of the Mass sometime today, I highly recommend it.  He spoke about 3 of Blessed Fra Angelico's paintings depicting Saint Lawrence's love of God and the needy.  May we all serve God as cheerfully and faithfully as Saint Lawrence did!
God Bless you and your families!

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus