Friday, April 15, 2011

Distance



You are gone from here ~ not really.

I can't talk to you ~ not really.

I miss you ~ you are alive in my memories.  You come to me in dreams.  I feel you in my heart.  There is a great distance between us.  Not really.....  The kids have been watching home movies.  You are healthy and laughing your boisterous laugh. 

You have gone on ahead of us ~ an answer to my prayers.  61 short years here on earth  ~ eternity with Our Lord.  One day we will be together again.  No more distance....  Until then ~ you are here.  In my heart.  Alive in memories.  Alive in the love you shared for us all.  Not so much distance after all.  I love you, Daddy.


Got five minutes? Tell us about Distance. No editing, no fussing, just five minutes of writing. And then link up over at Gypsy Mama's place.

4 comments:

Shelly Wildman said...

Oh, so poignant and so sad. Isn't it great to know we will see our loved ones again someday?

Misty said...

Beautiful.

Lori said...

Thanks ladies :)

BlessedMom said...

Beautiful, Lori!

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus