Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hearts for Home ~ Thanksgiving Week 2011

In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home. Here I encourage myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'. ~

Happy Feast of Christ the King.  May He always reign as King of our hearts!

~

Tomorrow we are going to start our day a little differently.  The older girls and I are going to have a "Monday Morning Meeting" where we look at the upcoming week, talk about interests,  make notes and have a basic plan for the week. 
As I shared last week, I'm reading
A Little Way of Homeschooling, Thirteen Families Discover Catholic Unschooling.  I can relate to so many things I have read in this book.

Such as: "Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire." W.B. Yates

I don't think I'm a radical Unschooler but, I am definitely drawn to pursuing my children's interests and fostering a love of learning.  I think I'm more like the families toward the end of the book who are a combination of one or more methods.

I've got books ordered from the library and am waiting on Homeschooling With Gentleness to come in the mail.  I look forward to see where God is taking us with all of this.

~

My honey will have knee surgery on Tuesday.  Please offer a little prayer for his speedy recovery.

~
We are looking forward to having Granny and Papa, my honey's parents, to stay with us for Thanksgiving.  The girls and I will bake apple and pumpkin pies to go along with our turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese (for Buck), corn casserole, green beans and crescent rolls. 

~

We will also meet with some homeschooling friends for Little Flowers this week.  This is great for Buck since he has some good "boy" play time then too.  Our Little Flowers group is small and sweet and the big girls enjoying helping out.  We also have group time where everyone comes together for recitations.  This can be anything from poetry to Latin to Classically Catholic Memory work.

~

I hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving week! 

Don't forget to pick up your Advent candles this week  :)


Visit Cherished Hearts at Home for more weekly inspiration for keeping our
'Hearts For Home'

1 comment:

Gae said...

Dear Lori,
sorry to be sooooooo late in commenting this week.
I cannot believe where the week went.
I really loved Homeschooling with Gentleness for affirming that family is how we learn and teach our children. This is so important to me and sometimes I get caught up inothers expectations or what everyone else is doing. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you enjoy the season of Advent .
May the coming of Christ in the season of Christmas strengthen your Faith and your family.
(I have no idea why but felt I had to write that)

Many blessings
Gae

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus