Monday, February 9, 2009

A Blessed Woman's Daybook

For Today
Monday, February 9, 2009

Outside My Window...
Skies are gray but the temps. warmer. The kids are all in the backyard already. Even The House Cat's back there. She and Snuggle Bug discovered a tree they could climb and sit in for inspiration. They've been discussing what they should name it :)

I am thinking...
I'm glad we'll be home for the most part this week. Last week was very busy with blessings!!!
On Wed. I took my mom to see a Rheumatologist. They x-rayed her entire body and took lots of blood. He thinks she may have fibromyalgia. We'll go back next week for her test results. Please keep her in your prayers. Thursday was children's theater and art class and Friday we went shopping with our tax refund, which was fun but tiring. My honey and I went for a guitar jam on Friday night. Then on Sat. we signed Buck up for T-ball after that, we had lunch with friends from India. I see a big lapbook on India coming up soon. After lunch, more errands for my honey then I actually went to Kohl's for a couple of hours to shop for myself :) I got home around 9:30 and then studied for atrium until 11:00p.m.. Sunday was an early start with 8:30am Mass and then Atrium until 11:30. I can't relay in words how much of a blessing it is to learn The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd! God is so good! The more I give of myself the richer I become!

I am thankful for...
The two hour nap my honey let me get yesterday afternoon. I sure needed it!!!

From the learning rooms...
Let's see.....
The House Cat's continuing math(Saxon 8/7) as usual. She's also working on a lapbook for Feb.2. She's reading Shakespeare's Richard III and continuing to write her book, Kainra. Continuing Apologia General Science and Catholic World Culture (Seton).

Snuggle Bug finished her math(Saxon 5/4) and is waiting for her next book to come in. We went with MCP for now. I'm thinking it will be a little more relaxed than the Saxon. She is reading The Hobbit and books from Along the American History Trail.Continuing Seton's Science 4 and Intermediate Language Lessons.

Buck's continuing Hooked on Phonics, Explode the Code, and I'm waiting on Miquon Math Lab Materials: Orange Book Level 1 to come in. I used this with the older girls and think he's ready for it now. He loves playing with the Cuisenaire Rods so we'll see.

Honeybee's moving onto Letter B from Serendipity's Along the Alphabet Path. I still need to make her a folder for that. She and Buck continue to enjoy coloring the daily scripture coloring sheets (posted on my sidebar)

I am reading...
Precious Treasure The Story of Patrick


Around the house...
Things are pretty messy :) It's too hard to keep the house nice and tidy when you're on the go.

One of my favorite things
...
The light in children's eyes when they speak of God.

A picture thought I'm sharing...
I'm having trouble getting the pic uploaded???? Not from the digital camera this time.... I scanned it onto the computer but can't get it onto my blog??? Hopefully I'll figure it out soon. For now I'll post without it :(

For more daybook enteries visit Peggy.

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus