Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prayer to St.Joseph For One's Husband


I absolutely LOVE this book! If you haven't read it, I highly recommend doing so. I first read it last year and it changed my life. I'm especially fond of the prayer to St. Joseph for our husbands. I hope she, Agnes Penny, doesn't mind if I share it with you.

O Good St. Joseph, Patron of Fathers and workers, please come to the aid of my husband. Assist him in his daily efforts to provide for our family, and help him to find his work interesting and fulfilling. Also, help him to be a holy husband and father; may he imitate thy patience and gentleness, yet be unafraid to lead our family on the straight and narrow path that will bring us all to heaven. As breadwinner and head of our family, he does not have an easy job, as thou dost well know, St. Joseph, from thy own life time as provider and head of the Holy Family. Pray for and assist my husband, dear St. Joseph, that his courage and perseverance may not fail and that the trails and hardships which he encounters in this life will only serve to strengthen his love for his family and his devotion to our Lord. Amen.

Please keep my dear husband and children in your prayers. I am scheduled for surgery
Thursday morning. May our Lady wrap them all in her loving mantle and as always May God's Will Be Done!

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus