Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blessed With Rest Vol.1

Today I'd like to begin sharing with you some of the ways I have been beautifully blessed during this time in my life. It is a daily battle to keep the devil at bay and to keep an "Attitude of Gratitude." I am determined, through the grace of God, to keep a grateful heart. Of course, if it were up to me, I wouldn't have chosen to carry this cross. However, God knows what is best for me and all I want is to please Him and to get to Heaven!

With that being said, I hope to encourage those of you who are struggling in this life, to see all of the blessings around you. The devil truly has no room in a grateful heart!

Blessed With Rest ..... Vol. 1

~ My prayer life has increased. I keep a rosary on my nightstand and pray when I lie down to rest. I pray The Chaplet of Divine Mercy when I rest during the day and The Rosary when I lie down for the night. So many people have and continue to bring us meals, call to check on us and are praying for us. I am blessed to be able to pray for them as I rest. A friend at church once shared that she would add my husband to their prayers when he was having back surgery. She said she would pray a bead of her rosary just for him. I thought this was a beautiful idea. I had never heard of it before but, I find it a beautiful way to pray for so many intentions as I pray my rosary. I usually can make it through the chaplet without falling asleep. However, at night I have to ask my guardian angel to finish my rosary for me when I fall asleep :)

Speaking of the rosary - Today is the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. Snuggle Bug is planning a special table arrangement for supper tonight. She has Buck and Honeybee working on table decorations as I write :) I plan on reading to them about The Battle of Lepanto and this article from Catholic Online. We will probably watch The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima today and of course, PRAY THE ROSARY for peace in the world and other intentions. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus