Monday, January 11, 2010

An "Ordinary" Daybook Entry

Living the liturgy...
Ordinary time began today. We lit the green candle this morning during morning prayers. Actually, it stayed lit on the table all morning. It's nice to get back to work. Last week it never really happened. I caught Honeybee's virus. Not fun!


Focus of the week...
Baptism ~ I am a Child of God. We made these cute shell candles and Snuggle Bug arranged them into a pretty centerpiece. We are also going to try to find photos/video of every one's baptism and enjoy watching together this week. A Year With God has a neat page for baptism too. Hopefully we will make these and I can share them this week.





Around the house....
The Christmas decorations are all put away. Except for my small nativity downstairs on the mantle. I agree with Pope John Paul II, I hate to take it down. All of the Christmas cards/pictures have been taken down from the fridge. We are blessed to have so many beautiful friends. Thank you to all who sent pictures of your beautiful families!


I'm creating....
Folders on my new computer for all of the children. I hope to use these to keep up with what all that's going on around here and also for planning purposes. I find it hard to stop and write everything down. I have notes all over the house :/ I also cringe at following a boxed curriculum. I've tried it and it quickly became more drudgery for us than anything. I'm not saying these aren't great for some... just not for me.
I'm pondering....
"How shall I make a return to the LORD
for all the good he has done for me?"


Healthy Habits....
The scale was nice to us Saturday morning. We all are feeling so much better eating right. Weight Watchers is such a good plan. I love using the eTools. It really makes the plan so much easier to follow. It tracks your points for you and has tons of recipes to use. I cringe to think how many points we were consuming these last few months. Tomorrow I go for my second meeting. I'm not really focused on the numbers anymore. I just want to feel better and be healthy.


From the kitchen....
Red Beans and Rice
Pork Chops, Rice and Gravy, Green Beans
Boiled Shrimp, Salad
Chicken Stir-fry
Breakfast

I'm thankful for...
Seeing my parent's today. My dad hasn't been feeling well so it was good to see him out and about today. I'm also thankful for the school supplies they dropped off :)


I'm immensely thankful for...
A husband who comes in from work and cooks for us!

One of my favorite things...
A clean house. I'm thinking of making a cleaning schedule for Lent. Maybe deep clean one room per week?

I'm reading....
Graced and Gifted by Kimberley Hahn (still). I'm stuck on the chapter where she rises before dawn.... I am trying to get up by 7 though :)

Serendipity ~ Literature for the young lady for Snuggle Bug, science baskets for Buck

My Picture Thought...


Visit Peggy for more daybook inspiration.

2 comments:

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

I love all the shell candles you made in a bowl. How pretty! :-)

Lori said...

Thanks Lacy. I got the idea from your wonderful Post! God Bless

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus