Friday, June 1, 2012

F is for First State ~

The other day Buck asked what the first state was.  Of course I knew the answer...  as I quickly Googled it - Delaware!  This reminded me of the geography study I've been wanting to do with the kids for a while using the Sleeping Bear Press series of Discover America State by State books!  I had wanted to buy these notebooking pages to go along with it, but never got around to it.  Then I came across these **FREE** Notebooking pages on Pinterest. 

So, I checked out F is for First State from the library and this morning after we were home from Mass we all gathered around the kitchen table and enjoyed it together.  As I read aloud they filled in info they heard like it's nickname is The Diamond State.  I printed off a state map and flag from Enchanted Learning and we glued them as seen below.

Then they colored in the flag to match.


Once they were finished we added the date to their time lines ~

and filed them in the back of their Book of Centuries.

3 comments:

Collette said...

Looks wonderful! I'm hoping to begin a state study this summer, with my children, using these books...very similar to what you're doing. Love this series!

Thanks for sharing your printable sources. :)
Blessings,
Collette

Collette said...

Looks wonderful! I'm hoping to start a state study with my children this summer, using these books....very similar to what you're doing. Love this series!!

Thanks for sharing your printable sources. :)
Blessings,
Collette

Kathy said...

As usual you've inspired me. This time with my own pinterest. The state pages look great! Can't wait to do this with mine!

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus