Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Blessed Womans Daybook

Outside my window ~ The birds are back! My honey brought home some more suet and our downy friends are back :) The kids are all outside enjoying the warmer weather. All except for the House Cat whose back in her room immersed in Jane Austen :)


Praying for ~ All of the poor people in Haiti.


To be fit and healthy ~ I'm not focused on the numbers on the scale.....right? Right! Today is weigh in day at Weight Watchers. That scale is not my friend! Just kidding :) When mama eats good food, everyone does. The whole family is making healthier choices and feeling better for it!

God is making sure that I don't forget why I'm really doing this. I must learn to be temperant with food! This weeks focus is to move more. My commitment - walk on the treadmill at least twice.


On the menu ~ Tonight we are going to try this Spinach Lasagna recipe and this on the side. A couple of nights ago we made Taco Soup. It was yummy and only 2 points for a cup. Here's the recipe if you want it.


Recipe of the week ~ Weight Watcher's Taco Soup

1/2 pound lean ground beef, chicken, or turkey
1 chopped onion
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can chili beans
2 cans diced tomatoes (we used Rotel and it was very spicy) Use diced tomatoes to suit your taste.
1 can corn
1 pkg Hidden Valley Seasoning Dry Mix
2 cups water
1 pkg low sodium taco seasoning mix


Brown meat and onions. Add all remaining ingredients. (The only thing we drained we the black beans. Otherwise just pour the whole can in.) Bring up to a low boil and cook over med. low temp 45min. Enjoy!


One of my favorite things ~ Honeybee's curls. They form little ringlets at the bottom of her long hair.


To live the liturgy ~ Have you visited Lacy over at Catholic Icing? She does a great job gathering and sharing ideas for celebrating upcoming feast days.


We are watching Saint Jon Bosco - Mission to Love this week. His feast day is on the last day of January which falls on Sunday this year. So, we will be watching during our evening family time this week.


In the school room ~ Which is of course the whole house :) We are still working on the baptism folders. I've got lots of work printed and ready to go for Buck and Honeybee. Snuggle Bug and I are continuing to gather books for her sunflower basket and The House Cat and I are looking into starting Shakespeare Fridays. I still need to order the January Science Basket books for Buck. I just love Serendipity - don't you?




My picture thought~ Reading is great - especially when your sitting in a tree!

Have a blessed week!




Visit Peggy for more daybook inspiration.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the comment about the school room being the whole house. The recipe of the week is also a good idea. Enjoyed looking at your links for Homeschooling too, thanks.

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

Thank you for linking and suggesting my site! :-)

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus