Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Blessed Woman's Daybook

Outside my window ~ The weather is warm and beautiful.  Too bad the kids are stuck inside with bronchitis.  I noticed the wildflowers or maybe weeds are starting to bloom.  I picked a few for us to study.  God is so incredible!

I'm hoping ~  Everyone's well soon.  We are anxious to spend time with family!

Weight Watchers this week ~  Down 2 lbs this week!  Thats a total of 11.4!  Yay!  I feel soooo much better physically and spiritually.

Recipe of the week ~ Spinach Lasagna Rolls.  These were so good and easier to assemble than your standard lasagna, in my opinion.  I used more sauce than shown :)

I'm listening to ~ The House Cat's CD - Music Inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia.  Lots of good inspirational music.

I'm enjoying ~ My guitar lessons.  The House Cat is a good teacher!  Right now I'm learning Beautiful and Let your light shine by Bethany Dillion.  It's interesting how we came to listen to her.... She sings the song Dreamer from that movie.  We really liked her voice so we checked into her music.  I was thrilled to find out that she's a Christian artist!  She's definitely one of our favs!

Lenten cleaning from week two ~ I know it's a little late but, I've been busy! :)  Weekly focus was bedrooms.  We spent a lot of time cleaning out closets, going through clothing and doing a little re-decorating.  We took down drapes, scrubbed baseboards and I tried to clean the edges of the carpet that the vacuum doesn't quite get.  Still not perfect but better than before :)
The girls room
Snuggle Bug and I found this precious little bird house lamp for $3 on Sat.  We had some mother-daughter time and enjoyed shopping at one of our favorite stores, Mission Possible Thrift Store.  Proceeds there benefit a local homeless shelter.
We also found this great book shelf for only 8 bucks!

The House Cat was happy with her new CD rack for $2!

And I just love this painting of The Holy Family, given to Honeybee by her Godparents, surrounded by SB and HCs First Holy Communion dishes and El Divino Nino.

My room...

Do you remember Jessica's what's on your nightstand post?  On mine now is a special little book stand made by Buck and his Dad.  There stand some of my favorite books, our wedding photo and my special Good Shepherd picture.

I finally framed a painting by The House Cat that had been leaning in between the wall and my nightstand.  I just love it!

Buck and Honeybee's room...


Toys were sorted and stored in plastic bins.

Shoes were sorted and hung.  If you look closely you will see a door hanger made by HC for prayer time.  She made one for each of us this Lent.

Lenten Cleaning week three ~ Lets see....  Sick kids...  spraying Lysol.  Had the air conditioning guy come and clean the air duct intake.  Smells soooo much better now!  I hope killing that mold and mildew will help with Snuggle Bug's allergies.

Still trying to convince the sugar ants to find a new home.... 

Keeping an eye out on craigslist etc. for an Entertainment armoire.  Our entertainment center has seen its better day.  I'd love to be able to close the doors and hide all of the stereo equiptment etc.  Also watching out for matching twin comforters for Buck and Honeybee's Bunk bed.

Plans for next week ~ Hope to start on the big kitchen project.  I'm sure it'll take at least two weeks.  It needs a head to toe cleaning!  We are looking into updating the cabinets a little with wainscoting and paint.  I also plan to take everything out of the cabinets and pantry, replace shelving paper, and pass along items that haven't been used in a year.  I've asked my honey for a 5 gallon bucket of white paint - semi -gloss at least!  Must be able to wipe down frequently! :)

40 bags ~ We've been filling up lots of bags.  I need to ask hubby what the count is.  It feels so good to go through things, make a home for what you use and give away the rest!

My picture thought ~

Honeybee's new apron... a special gift from her Godmother.

Visit Peggy for more daybook inspiration.

No comments:

Praying the Rosary keeps us close to Jesus